Apply for the 2013 Session of the Medical Equipment Technology (MET) Certificate Programme
VALLEL VIEW UNIVERSITY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG KIA 9358
AIRPORT, ACCRA, GHANA
Below are some relevant information concerning the 2013 MET session:
1. Tuition fee is GH¢700 (350 dollars), General Charges is GH¢300 (150 dollars), Specific Charges is GH¢75 (37 dollars), Office Supplies is GH¢75 (37 dollars), Computer and Internet is GH¢50 (25 dollars), Boarding is GH¢350 (175 dollars), and Lodging is GH¢200 (100 dollars).
2. The duration of the entire Certificate programme is two months.
3. The curriculum for the program consists of the following courses:
MET 010: DC and AC Electricity
MET 014: Analog and Digital Electronics
MET 015: Fundamentals of Information Technology
MET 016: Anatomy and Physiology
MET 017: Maintenance Management
MET 018: Medical Instrumentation
MET 019: Motor Controls
4. Students who successfully complete all the seven courses are eligible and expected to write a certification examination by the Technical Examinations Unit of Ghana Education Service for the award of Medical Equipment Technician II certificate. The examination is normally conducted in the last week of July. The certification examination consists of four papers (components) and a student must pass all four papers before a certificate can be awarded. The cost of the examination will be communicated to students upon arrival. However, budget for GH¢300 (150 dollars).
5. The Medical Equipment Technician II Certificate with approval from the National Accreditation Board (NAB) qualifies a person to apply for the Diploma in Biomedical Equipment Technology programme at Valley View University.
6. For foreign students who wish to pay before coming, below is the Account details of the University.
A. Bank Account Number: 0401014419038302
B. Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
C. Full Address of Bank: Ecobank Madina Branch
Agrimat Building, Plot No. 389, North Legon Residential Area, Accra
Tel: (233) 21 521876
Fax: (233) 21 521878
P. O. Box PMB GPO Accra
D. Full Address of Beneficiary: Valley View University
Mile 19, Accra-Dodowa Road
P. O. Box AF595 Adenta, Accra
Tel: (233) 21 912210
For further enquiries contact:
Head, Biomedical Equipment Technology Department
Valley View University
Tel: (233) 24 0103900