ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
- First degree, and professional degree holders are eligible to apply
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE results or certificates with passes (A-D/A1-C6 respectively) in three Core subjects (English and Maths with either Integrated Science or Social Studies, and three Electives.
- Mature students, aged 25 or over, with 5 ‘O’ Level credits including English & Maths
- Matured students who do not meet the requirements will take entrance exams.
- Professional certificate holders from accredited Institutions: City & Guilds, RSA, etc
- Applicants with Baccalauréat from French-Speaking Countries
- Applicants with Cert ‘A’ or Diploma in Education
- Applicants with Diploma in Nursing
- Higher National Diploma (HND) holders with Second Class Lower Division and above will pursue a two-year programme in their respective areas of specialization except nursing.
- Students in accredited tertiary institutions wanting to transfer to VVU are welcome to send their transcript for admission.
- American High School Diploma Holders.
Entry Requirements for Nursing:
a. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE): Six SSSCE passes with aggregate of 24 or better in three core subjects (Mathematics, Integrated Science, and English) with at least A-D plus three electives with at least A-D. The electives could be any of the following Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and elective Mathematics, General Arts, Home Economics (Food and Nutrition Option) and Agricultural Science
b. West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exam (WASSCE): Six WASSCE passes with agregate of 36 or better in three core subjects (mathematics, integrated Sceince, and English) with at least A1 – C6 WASSCE plus three pure science electives (Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics) or General Arts, Home Economics (Food and Nutrition Option) and Agricultural Science electives with at least A1 – C6
c. Foreign students may be admitted on the basis of qualification from the home country for which the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and West African Examination Council shall determine equivalences. Evidence of proficiency in English language for non english speaking countries. That is, foreign students’ requirements should be equivalent to a or b of the general entry requirement.
d. Diploma holders from recognized Institutions will be considered for admission on individual basis.
e. Applicants with RN certificate would also be considered for a three (3) year BSN.
f. The first year of the programme is considered primarily pre-clinical.
Nursing students are only admitted in August and since most courses are sequential they are usually offered once a year.
It should be noted that these requirements satisfy both professional and academic entries.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE COURSES
(i) Bio-Medical Equipment Technology (Certificate/Diploma)
- Certificate applicants must have Science background with passes in the core subjects and any 2 of the Sciences or Engineering Technician Certificate.
- Non-Science applicants should have at least A1 – B2 in Core Maths and Integrated Science.
- Diploma applicants must hold a Certificate in BMET.
(ii) Basic Courses in Computer Science for beginners and advanced learners.
(iii) American High Diploma certificate requirement: BECE
School of Business:
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA Strategic Management
- Short-courses: Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers; Contemporary issues in Marketing; Marketing for non-profit making Organizations; Managerial Communication; Organizations and People; Employee capacity building; Computer Applications in Accounting; Basic Accounting for NGOs; Financial Planning and Budgetary Control; Entrepreneurial Finance; Financial Management of Health Systems; and Rural Finance.
School of Theology and Missions:
Master’s Degree in Divinity
(jointly with Andrews University, USA)
Certificate courses in Biblical Languages and Chaplaincy.
Cutting Edge Programmes:
BSc. Actuarial Science (Insurance)
BSc Mathematics with Statistics
BSc Mathematics with Economics
INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Existing Basic Certificate & Professional Courses:
Basic Courses in Computer Studies
Computer Software Applications
Computer Hardware & Networking
Linux Administration & Support
Fundamentals of Software
Graphics & Web Design
Programming with C#.NET or VB.NET
CISCO Certified Network Administrator
System Administration & Support
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
NB: Short courses are offered at Oyibi & Nyaniba Estate Campuses.
American High Diploma certificate
University Access Programme
Techiman – Regular, Distance, Sandwich as well as University Access Programme
Accra (Nyaniba Estate) – Regular or Evening programmes, certificate/undergraduate/ postgraduate
Kumasi (Kwadaso) – Centre for Distance Learning
Send your completed application form or enquiries to the campus of choice:
The Admissions & Records Office
Valley View University, P.O. Box AF 595,
ADENTA ACCRA GHANA. Tel: 0307011867
The Admissions & Records Office
Valley View University, Techiman Campus
Post Office Box TM 183 TECHIMAN B/A GHANA